Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Races of the Week

Last week, I broke my losing streak with Invasor, who won the Whitney Handicap, paying $5.50 to win, $3.80 to place, and $3.10 to show. My selections on Sunday didn't do so well. Deputy Glitters finished eighth in the Haskell Invitational. Wanna Runner finished sixth in the West Virginia Derby. Star Parade finished third in the Clement Hirsch Handicap, paying $2.80 to show.

The Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the Arlington Million, Beverly D Stakes, and Secretariat Stakes, all to be run today at Arlington Park. The Million is also Equibase's race of the week.

My selection in the Million is The Tin Man. The Tin Man has three wins from four starts since returning from a long layoff. He's two for five at the distance and his recent Beyer figures are competitive with the rest of the field. He figures to be the front runner, and I think he could get loose on the lead. The Daily Racing Form provides free past performances.

In the Beverly D, I'll take Honey Ryder. Honey Ryder has won six of her last seven starts. She can close, and there looks to be a lot of speed in this field. Morning-line favorite Gorella has been training very well lately, but I don't think she can get the distance. The Daily Racing Form provides free past performances.

My selection in the Secretariat is Primary. Primary ships in from Europe with two wins at a mile and a quarter. The Daily Racing Form provides free past performances.

7 Comments:

At August 12, 2006 11:21 AM, Blogger t said...

I just love The Tin Man. Just when you think the old boy's all washed up he shows he's still got it.

Did you see "On The Muscle" the documentary about Papa Mandella's stable? The Man is featured a good bit.

 
At August 12, 2006 9:44 PM, Blogger t said...

HA! We got it! We got it! Did you bet him? Man, I just love that old fella. Got soft fractions and made'm pay.

Nice pick, brother. Hope you walked out with a pot fulla money.

 
At August 12, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Jason Sonenshein said...

The Tin Man's amazing. Two years ago today, he finished third in a optional claimer. Today he won the Arlington Million.

I didn't have much on him, but I did bet him. Overall, I had a good day. I'll have to check out "On the Muscle." Thanks for the tip.

 
At August 15, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger t said...

Hey, have you been harassed yet about joining the TBA? Would you like to? Gotta include tba member links, which you already do, carry the standings, & donate $50 to a horse retirement charity each year.

 
At August 15, 2006 11:07 PM, Blogger Jason Sonenshein said...

Hey, have you been harassed yet about joining the TBA?

No, not yet.

Would you like to?

Yeah, sure! Any particular retirement fund? I know there are several.

 
At August 16, 2006 11:38 AM, Blogger t said...

I think it's Old Friends: http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/

Send me an email (brad@toteboardbrad.com)or Pattrick Patten of Pulling Hair and we'll get you in.

 
At August 18, 2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Patrick J Patten said...

email my home addy
patrickjpatten@yahoo.com and we'll get it set up this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home