Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Races of the Week, Part I

Last week, I was 0 for 3. Bold Start finished third in the Derby Trial, paying $2.80 to show. Stormin Away finished last in the Inglewood Handicap. Yourmoneysnogood finished third in the Bosselman-Gus Fonner Handicap, paying $2.20 to show. However, I saved money, as neither Thistledown nor my account wagering service offer wagering on Fonner Park.

This week, the Daily Racing Form's races of the week are tomorrow's Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs, and Saturday's Kentucky Derby, which is also Equibase's race of the week.

In the Oaks, I'll bet Mistical Plan, who won two in a row this winter before running badly on the Polytrack at Keeneland. I think she'll improve tomorrow now that she's back on dirt. Mistical Plan's Tomlinson rating indicates that she's bred for the distance. If she gets an early lead, she'll be tough. The Form provides free past performances.

I'll post my selection for the Kentucky Derby tomorrow or early Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home