Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Friday, June 27, 2008

Races of the Week and Ohio Stakes Selections

I had a profitable weekend last week. Sailor's Cap won the Colonial Turf Cup, paying $9.20 to win, $5.20 to place, and $3.80 to show. Mauralanka won the New York Handicap, paying $3.30 to win, $2.20 to place, and $2.10 to show. Pay the Man won the J. William Petro Memorial, paying $3.80 to win, $3.00 to place, and $2.40 to show. Ginger Brew finished second in the Queen's Plate, paying $3.80 to place and $3.00 to show. So far this year, a flat $2 win bet on my selections has yielded a net profit of $28.70 on total wagers of $88.

Tomorrow, the Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the Hollywood Gold Cup at Hollywood Park and the Suburban Handicap, which is also Equibase's race of the week, at Belmont Park.

My selection in the Hollywood Gold Cup is Tiago, who makes his second start off of a layoff. Tiago can come from off the pace and appears to like Hollywood Park. The Form provides free past performances. So does Brisnet.com.

I'll bet Solar Flare in the Suburban. Solar Flare is taking a big step up in class, but he's won three in a row, and I think he might be able to steal this race on the front end. The Form provides free past performances. So does Equibase.

My selection in the Cleveland Gold Cup tomorrow at Thistledown is Pyrite Gem. Pyrite Gem makes her second start of the year. She finished third against colts last year in the Best of Ohio Juvenile. Darley Stable provides free past performances.

2 Comments:

At June 28, 2008 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice week! Hope you do as well this week -- I'm fond of Tiago myself.

 
At July 05, 2008 10:19 AM, Blogger Jason Sonenshein said...

Thanks! I thought Tiago had a good chance, too. I hope you didn't lose too much on him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home