Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Monday, August 14, 2006

Arlington Recap

I had a profitable weekend, thanks to The Tin Man, the amazing 8-year-old gelding who won the Arlington Million, paying $13.00 to win, $6.00 to place, and $4.60 to show.

The (suburban Chicago) Daily Herald has a good article about The Tin Man's victory:
Before he could even begin his career, The Tin Man had to overcome two bowed tendons.

Suffering numerous injuries thereafter, and a wrenched ankle just two years ago, the fact that The Tin Man is even competitive shows quite a bit of - yes, heart.

And heart won out in Saturday's 24th running of the Arlington Million before 29,979 on a picture-perfect afternoon.

(entire article here, link via Tim Woolley Racing)

My other selections didn't do so well. Honey Ryder finished fourth in the Beverly D. I was wrong about Gorella's ability to get a mile and three sixteenths. Primary finished third in the Secretariat, paying $4.40 to show. Equibase provides charts for Saturday's Arlington card, available free for the next few days.

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Patrick J Patten said...

Ok I HAVE to know how you got two columns on Blogger, I've been looking to do that forever, it's like the holy grail man. also, you already link to a lot of us, do you want to join the ThoroughbredbloggersAlliance? Email me

 
At August 16, 2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Jason Sonenshein said...

Ok I HAVE to know how you got two columns on Blogger...

I just used one of the templates that Thur Broeders provides free of charge at Thur's Templates.

do you want to join the ThoroughbredbloggersAlliance?

Thanks! Tote Board Brad aslo invited me yesterday. I'll e-mail you and Brad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home