Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thistledown Update

Tomorrow (Friday) is Best of Ohio day at Thistledown, with five stakes races for Ohio-breds. Thistledown provides free past performances for Best of Ohio nominees. Entries are available here.

In other Thistledown news, Scott Speith won his three-thousandth race on Monday. Here's Thistledown's press release:
Thistledown's leading rider, Scott Spieth recorded his 3,000th career win in today's fourth race at Thistledown aboard Christo Wings for trainer Rodney Faulkner.

"This is a great feeling," says Spieth. "I didn't realize I was as close as I was to 3,000 wins. I never got to celebrate my first 2,000 wins; both of those milestones were over before I knew it so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss this one. My next goal to master is 4,000 wins."

Spieth currently ranks 12th among riders in the nation with 214 wins this year.

Spieth began barrel racing when his was six years old and at age 13 he started galloping quarter horses. Spieth has been riding thoroughbreds for 25 years and continues to master a winning career. He began riding at Glendale Downs in Michigan and came to Thistledown in 1999. Since his arrival at the North Randall oval, Spieth has collected two Thistledown Leading Rider titles (2000 & 2005), 12 Thistledown meet titles and has finished among the top 10 jockeys nationally by wins.

Equibase's chart is available free for the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home