Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Races of the Week

Last week, I neglected to post any selections. Visionaire won the Gotham Stakes and Pyro won the Louisiana Derby.

Two weeks ago, Monterey Jazz finished twelfth in the Santa Anita Handicap. So far this year, a flat $2 win wager on my selections has yielded a net profit of $29.20 on total wagers of $26.

This week, the Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the Rebel Stakes at Oaklawn Park and the Tampa Bay Derby at Tampa Bay Downs.

Z Fortune looks like a deserving favorite in the Rebel Stakes. In his last start, Z Fortune finished second in the Risen Star Stakes. The first and third place finishers in that race, Pyro and Visionaire, both went on to win stakes races last week. The Form provides free past performances.

In the Tampa Bay Derby, I can't bet against the undefeated War Pass, but he'll likely go off at such a short price that I can't bet on him, either. I think I'll pass the race. The Form provides free past performances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home