Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Races of the Week

It's been a while since I've posted any selections. I'll get caught up in figuring my net profit or loss for the year next week. Today, the Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the Massachusetts Handicap at Suffolk Downs and the Super Derby at Louisiana Downs. The Super Derby is also Equibase's race of the week.

Commentator looks like a prohibitive favorite in the Massachusetts Handicap. The lightly raced 7-year-old is coming off of a win in the Whitney Handicap, in which he posted a Beyer figure of 120. I don't see how anyone else in this field can keep up with him, but he'll probably go off at too short a price to be worth a bet. The Form provides free past performances. Brisnet.com past performances are available via Winstar Farm.

My selection in the Super Derby is Macho Again, who appears to be the class of the field. When I first looked at the Brisnet.com track bias statistics, I was tempted to take a chance on the front-running My Pal Charlie, but then I saw that the track bias stats were based on only one race. Equibase provides free past performances. So does Brisnet.com.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2008 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any thoughts on Tiago in the Goodwood?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home