Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Races of the Week

Last week, both of my selections finished in the money, but neither won. Vestrey Lady finished second in the Raven Run Stakes, paying $13.60 to place and $9.20 to show. Sky Conqueror finished third in the Canadian International, paying $5.10 to show.

This week, the Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the Fayette Stakes, scheduled for today at Keeneland, and the Nashua Stakes, to be run tomorrow at Aqueduct.

My selection in the Fayette is Ball Four. Ball Four is 2 for 3 on the polytrack at Turfway Park, and appears to be the only early speed in the race. Ball Four has been training well on the polytrack at Keeneland, and his trainer, Patrick Biancone, is 10 for 32 at this meet. The Form provides free past performances.

In the Nashua, I'll go with Sightseeing, who has shown that he can get the distance and is coming off of a bullet work at Belmont. The DRF provides free past performances.

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger t said...

I'm really fond of the "races of the week" series over here. Some times those are the only races I handicap, too, b/c when I don't go to the track, I rarely have the form. Good stuff. What did you think of Eccentric in the Laffette?

 
At November 03, 2006 11:21 PM, Blogger Jason Sonenshein said...

Thanks, Brad! I'm sorry I took so long to reply to your comment. I'm often without a Form, too, so I use the races of the week and the Briswatch past performances. Eccentric ran a good race for his first North American win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home