Click here to read the FREE HANDICAPPER'S EDGE!
 

Headlines from the Handicapper's Edge -- powered by brisnet.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Races of the Week

Last week, Macho Again finished second in the Super Derby, paying $2.80 to place and $2.20 to show. I should have stuck with My Pal Charlie, who paid $15.00 to win. Commentator won the Massachusetts Handicap.

Today, the Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the Jockey Club Gold Cup at Belmont Park, which is also Equibase's race of the week, and the Goodwood Handicap at Santa Anita.

Curlin is formidable in the Jockey Club Gold Cup, but I think I'll take a chance on the front-running Wanderin Boy, who finished 2 3/4 lengths behind Curlin in the Woodward Stakes. According to Brisnet.com, routes at Belmont are favorable to front runners. I think I'll also back up my bet with a Curlin-Wanderin Boy exacta. Equibase provides free past performances. Past performances are also available from Brisnet.com via Todd Pletcher.

In the Goodwood, I'll go with Tiznow. According to the Brisnet.com track bias stats, Santa Anita is favorable to his late-closing style, and the 8-post should also be helpful. The Form provides free past performances. So does Brisnet.com via Eoin Harty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home